Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thoughts of the day...

So I'm sitting here at my computer putting in orders, booking a few sessions here and there... looking at my calendar and realizing that it's VERY empty. I have babies and toddlers and a few older kids... but no families!!! OK self ~ time for a new plan...

Last summer was my attempt to start a tradition that I would only hope that others feel they should follow. In this day and age, people are farther away from home and hectic lifestyles set in... so I called a family friend (who also is a photographer) to capture our crazy, happy lives and the rest is history... I hope that we can do this every year as our family grows (older!!) and appreciate having ALL of us in the same picture!

My memories of family photos were MANY moons ago as a child, and then later on when I was about 19 for a church book! How depressing! Even with all the family vacations and bonfires and fishing trips and outdoor activities, there aren't many photos of our whole family together. Those would mean a whole lot more to me because of my father passing away suddenly at an age where he should be enjoying his grand kids and living life to the fullest.

Not to be morbid or anything, but for the sake of a memory... looking back and reliving those wonderful moments.

I urge you all to find some time to set aside and be a family. In front of the camera! Together! Not only will you have beautiful images to make you laugh and maybe even cry! but you'll also have them to pass on to the next generation, too. Don't be so busy that one day your family is grown and moved away and the one thing you're relying on to remember the past is fading also... (your brain!) Have some portraits taken and keep the memories alive.

You can never have too many of these 'memories' lying around... They're all wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment