Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Master Gardener


So I had the opportunity to take the Master Gardener Core Course, which conveniently enough, was held about 5 miles from my home in Perham. I had been wanting to attend for a few years now, but now it was obviously meant to be! I have lots going on in my life, but my love of everything green and being able to learn how to be MORE surrounded by nature is something too good to resist!

Someone may think that once you acquire the 'Master Gardener' title, that you are suddenly endowed with all the gardening, landscaping, pond building, bug identifying, tree planting knowledge out there. Sadly, my friends, that is not the case. We are simply extensions of the University of Minnesota here to help guide people to the right information. Of course, anyone willing to take the course usually has a deft ability to be green, grow green and loooooove the smell of the soil in the spring... It's a sickness, I know.

Never the less! I think this will be an amazing opportunity for myself and my family and to teach others how to live more harmoniously with nature. I can talk for hours about all my favorite plants and gardens and if you would like to trade perennials, let me know!!!

If you have any questions about the course, would like to host a 'clinic' or just have general questions, please contact me @ 218.346.5420

By the way, the picture above is our class : what a smart looking bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment